KEY DATES & FAQs
Since 2018, CICLOPE Asia is the only award that honors the people behind the craft. It is an outstanding showcase and celebration of the very best of the year in commercials, music videos and short films.
Each year, a panel of top experts from the Asian-Pacific region awards the most well-crafted work of the year, setting a golden standard in about 17 categories, including Direction, Cinematography, Production Design, Editing, VFX, Animation, Music and many more.
CICLOPE Asia 2024 will take place on May 30th, in Tokyo where winners will be announced on a live ceremony at EuroLive.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A few reasons to enter the award:
- Get recognized. You and your team deserve recognition for your hard work and achievements.
- Expand your network. Being part of CICLOPE’s community is a great way to introduce your company to new potential partners and clients around the world.
- Raise your profile. Being recognized at CICLOPE is an opportunity to differentiate your company from the competition and remind your clients why they chose you in the first place.
- Contribute to the regional development. Raise the bar of excellences in film craft in Latin America and show your strengths to the world.
- Add a lovely CICLOPE to your trophy cabinet.
To be eligible, entries must have been:
- Produced by professionals from Asia-Pacific to be broadcasted in any country in the world. For example, an editing company in Tokyo cuts a commercial produced by a German production company to be broadcasted in Europe. The film can be entered into Editing. Or…
- Produced by foreign professionals, as long as the production company and/or the director behind the project are based or were born in Asia-Pacific. For example, a British music company adapts a song for a commercial directed by an Australian filmmaker. The film can be entered into Music.
For more info, please go to Terms & Rules.
Submissions have to be made exclusively on this website.
To submit your work, access our entry system and create a username and password, by completing the required information. Then LOGIN into the system.
Once in the Entry System, you’re gonna:
1. Click on CREATE AN ENTRY
2. Choose the appropriate Section and Category for your entry, and fill in all the credits.
3. To complete the entry, click on the UPLOAD icon and provide all mandatory video. Files should be MPEG4, MPEG2 or MOV files. The recommended compression rate is 15-20 Mbits. The maximum file size is 1GB.
4. To finalize the order, just check the tick box next to your nomination(s) and click on SUBMIT. You will be automatically redirected to Stripe, a safe automatic payment system where you can only pay with credit card.
You can see the status, edit, delete and/or finalize your entries by going to PENDING ENTRIES or COMPLETED ENTRIES on the upper side of the screen.
The suggested formats for videos are MPEG4, MPEG2 or MOV files, with a maximum weight of 750 megas. The recommended compression rate is 15-20 Mbits. PLEASE do not include any special characters (& / * / “”) in the name of the file.
ENGLISH SUBTITLES ARE MANDATORY in all categories except Music Videos.
Please note that all credits and logos should be removed before uploading the video.
If you wish to enter a campaign, keep in mind multiple films should be entered separately.
The complete piece should last no longer than 20 minutes.
Yes, all entrant companies should submit their piece along with a brief description of the project, of max. 700 characters in length, in order to help the Jury get a better understanding of the work they’re judging.
You’ll be able to add your description into the submission form that it’s available in our system when you’re uploading your project.
CICLOPE Asia’s judging process consists of three rounds. In the first round the Grand and Executive Jury watch and rank all entries on CICLOPE’s online platform. The best-ranked entries in each category will be considered finalists and will be published in the shortlist on May 15th, 2024.
In the second round of judging, the Executive Jury discusses the finalist pieces on a Zoom meeting and awards the best work/s in each category. In a third round and last round, the Executive Jury can also award a Grand Prix for the best work of the year in the competition.