5) The registered pieces must count with the authorization of the advertiser, the agency and/or the owner of the reproduction rights of the work. With exception of the projects of public welfare or charity, all the pieces must have been made for a brand at a valuable cost. It is the participant’s sole responsibility to comply with this rule. The festival shall not be held accountable for any type of responsibility that may arise in the shape of legal claims of third parties for this or any other motive related to the intellectual property or reproduction rights of the work.
6) The submission of all entries is anonymous during the judging process, it should not include credits, logos nor any reference to the companies involved in the production.
7) CICLOPE Asia’s entry deadline is Friday August 4th, 2023. The pieces must have been broadcasted for the first time between August 5th, 2022 and August 1st, 2023.
8) The organization, and/or the jury, if necessary, will have the right to request proof of emission in any stage of the contest, and the participant will be complied to submit it in a maximum time frame of 72 hours. If the event proof is not provided before the deadline, the piece will be automatically disqualified.
9) Pieces that have been submitted for the last edition of CICLOPE Festival, the international competition held in November 2022, are able to participate. On the other hand, pieces that have been submitted in other CICLOPE regional shows cannot be submitted in this edition of CICLOPE Asia 2023.
10) For the New Talent in Direction category, directors must have been born or be based in Asia-Pacific, be up to 30 years old and they must have had less than two years of experience as directors. The organization will have the right to ask for a proof if necessary.
11) The organization and the Jury, at its sole discretion and when considered necessary, will have the right to disqualify or change pieces to a different category from the one originally registered, without refund of any kind and without the need of communicating it previously.
12) The jury will only evaluate the film craft in single pieces, so multiple films in a campaign should be entered separately.
13) With the purpose of promoting the festival, and when considered appropriate, the organization is authorized to project and/or publish in public or private presentations the registered pieces free of charge, without the need of any type of compensation to third parties.
14) The participant declares to own the broadcasting rights of the work. Also, the participant holds the festival unaccountable from all third party claims (this includes individuals and/or companies).
15) In case the organization confirms the piece does not comply with the before mentioned requirements, or any other expressed in the present rules and conditions, at its sole discretion it will exercise the right to automatically remove or disqualify the piece without the need of compensation or severance pay to the participating company or person.
16) CICLOPE Asia’s judging process consists of two rounds. In the first round, the Jury watches and ranks the entries on CICLOPE’s online platform. The 5 (five) best-ranked entries in each category will be considered finalists. In the second round of judging, the Jury discusses the finalist pieces on a Zoom meeting and awards the best work/s in each category. In a second video conference call, the Jury can also award a Grand Prix for the best work of the year in the competition.
17) The Jury reserves the right not to award any of the categories, if the panel considers the quality of the work submitted does not meet a minimum standard.
18) All entries will be judged, and all winners will be announced on Thursday, September 7th, 2023. Winners who can not attend the ceremony will receive their trophies by courier.
19) The Special Awards and the final ranking published by CICLOPE Asia at the end of the event are based on a points system where a company receives 1 (one) point for a finalist submission, 3 (three) points for an award and 7 (seven) points for a Grand Prix. Take into account that every credited company will earn points.
20) All schedules are subject to change without prior notice.