terms & rules
UPDATE NOTICE: Starting 2023, winners at CICLOPE Asia will no longer automatically be included as a finalist at CICLOPE Festival, the global award show that takes place in Berlin.
Please make sure that you read through all of our Terms & Rules before you submit your work to the festival.
1) CICLOPE Asia honors the most well-crafted work in the Asia-Pacific region. To be eligible, entries must have been:
- Produced by professionals from Asia-Pacific to be broadcasted in any country in the world. Example: An editing company in Tokyo cuts a commercial produced by a German production company to be broadcasted in Europe. The film can be entered into Editing. Or…
- Produced by foreign professionals, as long as the production company and/or the director behind the project are based or were born in Asia-Pacific. Example: A British music company adapts a song for a commercial directed by an Australian filmmaker. The film can be entered into Music.
The work must have been commissioned by a brand, including nonprofit organizations. Pieces that have not been produced for advertising purposes, are only eligible to participate in the Special Categories section. In any case, only films up to 20 minutes can be entered at CICLOPE Asia.
2) Are welcome to enter their work production companies, post production companies, editing houses, music production companies, independent professionals and advertising agencies from all over the world, as long as they comply with the provisions of point A).
3) CICLOPE Asia promotes the participation of all countries, which gives the festival an international profile. Since the Jury panel will be formed by professionals from all over the world, English has been established as the official language. The piece can be registered in any language, but ENGLISH SUBTITLES ARE MANDATORY, except in the Music Videos category.
4) The registration of the pieces, as well as the payment, has to be made exclusively through the online registration system of the festival. The piece/s will only be considered registered after the uploading process is complete and the corresponding payment has been done. Important: Entry fees are not refundable under any circumstance.
5) The registered pieces must count with the authorization of the advertiser, the agency and/or the owner of the reproduction rights of the work. With exception of the projects of public welfare or charity, all the pieces must have been made for a brand at a valuable cost. It is the participant’s sole responsibility to comply with this rule. The festival shall not be held accountable for any type of responsibility that may arise in the shape of legal claims of third parties for this or any other motive related to the intellectual property or reproduction rights of the work.
6) Entries to CICLOPE Asia should remain anonymous to the jury members, and should not include any credits or logos from the production companies or creative agencies involved. In case an entry includes credits, the organization will get in touch with the entrant company and ask to remove the info. In case of no reply, CICLOPE reserves the right to disqualify the entry without notification. Entry fees for disqualified entries will not be refunded. This also applies to any supporting material.
7) CICLOPE Asia’s entry deadline is Friday April 26th, 2024. The pieces must have been broadcasted for the first time between August 1st, 2023 and May 1st, 2024.
8) The organization, and/or the jury, if necessary, will have the right to request proof of emission in any stage of the contest, and the participant will be complied to submit it in a maximum time frame of 72 hours. If the event proof is not provided before the deadline, the piece will be automatically disqualified.9) Pieces that have been submitted for the last edition of CICLOPE Festival, the international competition held in November 2023, are able to participate. On the other hand, pieces that have been submitted in other CICLOPE regional shows cannot be submitted in this edition of CICLOPE Asia 2024.10) For the New Talent in Direction category, directors must have been born or be based in Asia-Pacific, be up to 30 years old and/or they must have had less than two years of experience as directors. The organization will have the right to ask for a proof if necessary.
11) The organization and the Jury, at its sole discretion and when considered necessary, will have the right to disqualify or change pieces to a different category from the one originally registered, without refund of any kind and without the need of communicating it previously.
12) The jury will only evaluate the film craft in single pieces, so multiple films in a campaign should be entered separately.
13) With the purpose of promoting the festival, and when considered appropriate, the organization is authorized to project and/or publish in public or private presentations the registered pieces free of charge, without the need of any type of compensation to third parties.
14) The participant declares to own the broadcasting rights of the work. Also, the participant holds the festival unaccountable from all third party claims (this includes individuals and/or companies).
15) In case the organization confirms the piece does not comply with the before mentioned requirements, or any other expressed in the present rules and conditions, at its sole discretion it will exercise the right to automatically remove or disqualify the piece without the need of compensation or severance pay to the participating company or person.
16) CICLOPE Asia’s judging process consists of three rounds. In the first round the Grand and Executive Jury watch and rank all entries on CICLOPE’s online platform. The best-ranked entries in each category will be considered finalists and will be published in the shortlist on May 15th, 2024. In the second round of judging, the Executive Jury discusses the finalist pieces on a Zoom meeting and awards the best work/s in each category. In a third round and last round, the Executive Jury can also award a Grand Prix for the best work of the year in the competition.
17) The Jury reserves the right not to award any of the categories, if the panel considers the quality of the work submitted does not meet a minimum standard.
18) All entries will be judged, and all winners will be announced on Thursday, May 30th, 2024. Winners who can not attend the ceremony will receive their trophies by courier.
19) Every piece submitted to CICLOPE Asia 2024 is eligible to participate in CICLOPE Festival 2024, the international award show to be held in October.
20) The Special Awards and the final ranking published by CICLOPE Asia at the end of the event are based on a points system where a company receives 1 (one) point for a finalist submission, 3 (three) points for an award and 7 (seven) points for a Grand Prix. Take into account that every credited company will earn points.
21) All schedules and line-ups are subject to change without prior notice.